Why do you need Medical SEO?
We live in a world where patients have access to a great deal more information than they used to.
They use search engines to research their symptoms, condition and look up any medical professional or centre before visiting them in person. If you can’t be found online, then patients will quickly look elsewhere. The digital evolution of consumer services means patients expect to find what they’re looking for quickly and within the first few search results. Appearing in these first few search results depends heavily on the success of your medical and healthcare SEO strategy.
Investing in PPC adverts is a starting point for many doctors and healthcare professionals but PPC without SEO is very rarely enough to sustain success and keep attracting new patients. SEO is a long-term strategy to ensure your website remains highly ranked in searches and gives you the chance to attract valuable leads, looking specifically for your services in your area.
Google search engine ranking algorithms involve over two hundred different ranking factors but as a minimum you need the following to achieve a good search engine position:
- SEO-optimised, fast, mobile friendly and secure medical website design
- A wide range of pages with rich, quality content optimised for medical SEO
- The right keywords for your niche area
- Medical scheme, optimised title tags and meta descriptions
- Optimised imagery and videos
- Off-site authority builders such as social media signals, quality backlinks and citations in reliable directories
In addition to this, many doctors will want to look more closely at their local SEO as their services are offered in a particular area. Focusing in on local keywords and ensuring additional elements like Google My Business pages are fully filled out are key to success locally.